A business website is the first thing most people will see when they find your business online, so it’s important to make a good first impression. You want your website to look professional, be easy to navigate and load quickly so that visitors can find what they’re looking for in seconds. A successful website should also provide a secure experience for customers who share their personal information such as emails or contact details with you. Finally, you’ll want your site to draw traffic from search engines and social media and then convert those visitors into leads or sales by engaging them with content that delivers value.
Here are some of the most important tips from our experts that you must follow for a better business website:
1. Optimise for speedy loading.
If you’re going to be serving up a website to mobile users, keep in mind that they won’t be as patient as desktop users. Mobile devices have slower processors and smaller screens, so your site will need to load noticeably faster if you want it to perform well on these devices.
While many factors go into what makes a site fast or slow, here are some tips for optimizing your business website for speedy loading:
- Use light themes on WordPress and avoid heavy elements that slow down the site.
- Always use low size images.
- Use a fast CDN
- Minify CSS and JS files (if using WordPress)
- Use caching plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache (if using WordPress)
2. Make it easy to navigate.
Make your website easy to navigate.
Navigation is an important aspect of any website, but it’s even more critical if you want guests to stay on your site and read your content. This can be especially true if your website is big and contains a lot of content. When users get lost or confused, they will leave and look elsewhere for information.
A good navigation should be easy to find and use, so that visitors can easily find what they are looking for without having to search too hard or move around the page too much in order to locate what they need. You also want this section of the site (the main navigation) available all over the place – whether it’s at the top, bottom or both sides of each page – so that anyone visiting can use it quickly from anywhere on the site with just one click!
For our clients, we usually focus on top headers, footers and sidebars. This is where we add important contact info, links and conversions techniques like forms, social icons and newsletters.
3. Ensure a safe and secure website.
Ensuring that your website is secure is one of the most important things you can do to improve its performance and user experience.
Here are some tips for keeping your site safe:
- Make sure it’s secure. Use SSL certificates, use a reputable host, and use good content management software like WordPress.
- Ensure that your site is up-to-date with the latest security patches.
4. Make use of SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) makes it easy for users to find your site in search engines mainly Google. Google currently has 86.86% of the search engine market as per SEO stats. So it’s important for your business to appear in Google when your target audience search for your services. Don’t let your competitors have all the fun! You may be losing many potential customers simply because you never focused on SEO. So with 2023 this new year, make a resolution to get your site on the front page of Google and help your business grow.
If you get SEO, actually most of the other things mentioned in this article are also covered because quality SEO service providers not just work on some keywords but also improve your site overall and your content strategy and marketing. If you are not aware of how SEO works and how it can help your business grow but keen to know more about it then you can contact our SEO services experts for free advice.
5. Go with a mobile-friendly website design.
With the rise of smartphones, people are turning to their mobile phones for information when they’re on the go. Today, going with a mobile-friendly website design is very important. Mobile devices are used more than desktop computers, so it’s crucial that your site be optimized for mobile use. Even Google gives more importance to sites that are mobile friendly and provide great users experience to mobile users visiting your site.
6. Use high-quality images and video.
It’s important to use high-quality images and video for better user experience and conversions.
Use images that are clear, relevant, and appropriately sized. If your website uses too many large images or videos that take a long time to load, it can negatively impact user experience. You should also avoid using overly decorative pictures with lots of text or small font sizes in your images (unless you want users to zoom in)
7. Write clear and concise content.
The content on your website is the most important part of your site. Content is what defines you, so it’s important that you write clear and concise content. Use short paragraphs and sentences, as well as simple language that can be easily understood by anyone who visits your site.
Make sure each post has a clear call to action at the end of it so that readers know what to do next after reading about whatever subject matter you’re writing about.
And don’t forget to include a table of contents if there are multiple pages on your site! This will help visitors find out where they need to go next without having to scroll through all of them first (which can be frustrating).
Your content should also be unique and not copied from anywhere on web. Even on your own website, its best if two pages do not have similar content as Google see it as duplicate content and it can hurt your rankings.
8. Add Conversion techniques
Connect your site to your social channels, add enquiry forms and display phone numbers at prominent positions on your website.
The email channel is still one of the most effective, cost-effective, personal, targeted and measurable marketing channels available. The best way to build your email list is by putting a newsletter signup form on your website. You can add this in multiple places: at the top or bottom of every page; on all pages except those linked to from other sites (you don’t want someone signing up for an offer from your site but never seeing the form again); and/or after someone has viewed a certain number of pages.
9. Keep your site updated.
One of the most important things you can do for your business website is to keep it updated. This doesn’t just mean adding new content but also making sure your site design and functionality are current as well.
A current website will help customers find you online and build trust with them by giving them confidence that you’re keeping up with industry trends. You can also improve your search rankings by regularly updating blog posts. For safety of your website, keep your WordPress and plugins updated too.
At Inbound Media, as part of our Web care Package, we take care of our client’s websites – we manage their web hosting, take regular website backups, update their WordPress and much more.
10. Encourage social sharing and engagement.
Encourage social sharing and engagement.
Social media is an important part of your online strategy. It offers a platform for interacting with customers and building relationships with them, but it also can help you gain new customers by driving traffic to your site.
In order to make the most of this opportunity, make sure that you offer users easy access to share content on their favourite social networks:
- Use Facebook Open Graph tags so that people can easily share articles or blog posts via Facebook. You can learn more about how they work here.
- Add Twitter Cards to let people tweet directly from your website using all the rich formatting options available in these cards (like embedded images). Learn more here: https://devblogs.twitter.com/web/tweet-cards
11. Gather feedback, listen to your users and make improvements accordingly.
As a business owner, you have likely spent countless hours working on your website and making sure it’s doing everything possible to draw in visitors and make them convert. But there are still ways to improve your site so it continues to perform at its best. And one of the best ways is by gathering feedback from your users.
You can find plenty of resources online for collecting user feedback, but in general, there are two main ways:
- create an email address where anyone can send comments about your site
- set up a form on your website that asks customers questions about their experience with the site before they leave (and then use this information when making improvements). Once you have this data on hand, use these tips so that every piece of feedback serves as an opportunity for improvement:
- If a visitor has something negative or constructive to say about their experience using your website, don’t ignore it! Instead, take action by finding out why they had trouble using it—then fix whatever needs fixing!
- Remember that not everyone uses words well enough to explain what exactly went wrong; pay attention not only what people say but also how they say it—their tone could tell you more than what they actually said.
12. Install Google Analytics
Install Google Analytics on your WordPress website to keep an eye on traffic, identify what’s working, understand the demographics and more. Google recently introduced Google Analytics 4 so make sure you’re aware of what’s new in the latest version.
Google Analytics is a free tool that helps you understand your website traffic. It will show you who is visiting your website, what they are doing and how they are finding you. With this information, you can identify and fix problems with your website such as:
- Landing pages not converting visitors into customers
- Traffic coming from social media channels that aren’t providing value for your business (and thus should be removed)
With these tips in mind, you can create a more effective website that will help grow your business. From improving the user experience to making sure your site is mobile friendly and secure, these are all things that can make or break your online presence.